Annual Tourist Fair Coming to Svenska Mässan
On Saturday, the doors open to the annual tourist fair at Svenska Mässan. Among the exhibitors are various travel agencies, airlines and other organizations and businesses with an interest in travel and tourism. Apart from promoting international tourism, various national organizations and travel agencies will be present as well, promoting tourism in Sweden. Thus, whether you are interested in traveling outside of Sweden or within Sweden does not matter: the Tourist Fair 2011 may have it all...
[caption id="attachment_1807" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Travelling Bumblebee on final approach for Rose-Garden Airport, on a mission to retrieve a supply of fine nectar."][/caption]
Of course, if you're not interested in going somewhere, there will not be much point in visiting the fair. But if you, like I, plan to go someplace, be it within Sweden or abroad, the Tourist Fair could be well worth a visit. Apart from the chance of meeting lots a different travel agencies under one roof, I am told there will also be special tourist fair offers on certain travel packages. Personally, I prefer to plan my travels carefully and well in advance, but if you are open to making travel plans in the spur of the moment, there should be some opportunities to do just that at the Tourist Fair, and get a discount in the process.
- The Tourist Fair 2011 (map) is open:
- Saturday, March 26, 9 AM - 6 PM
- Sunday, March 27, 10 AM - 5 PM
- The entrance fee is 60 SEK (8-25 years); 130 (over 25).
- For further information and list of exhibitors check www.tur.se (English version available)
- The closest tram stop should be Korsvägen. Check www.vasttrafik.se/en for information about tram and bus services in the area.
/Nils, Misi.se team 2010-2011